KeNIC Auction will provide an opportunity to purchase desirable premium domains that are normally withheld from normal registration. If you are considering bidding on a domain name and put it on sale, you should get an idea of how much it is worth. Keep in mind that the true value of any domain is how much a buyer will pay for it. Here are some of the things you should look at when trying to value a domain;
- The length of the domain:The shorter the domain is, the more it will cost.
- How many words are in the domain:Similar to the length, domains with very few words cost the most, so a one-word domain is the most valuable.
- How long has the domain been live:Domains that have been around for a long time rank better in search engines, and so this increases their value. However, most sites that have been around for a long time aren’t for sale, so convincing the owner might take even more money.
- Spelling and use of the domain word(s):A domain that is a common word (or words) and has a common spelling that is easy to type and remember is going to cost more.
- Domain extension:The best extension for a domain is the .KE As the official custodian of the .ke domain name in Kenya, KeNIC is encouraging Businesses to protect their brands from cyber threats and crimes through registration of their .KE brand names. The .ke domain is uniquely Kenyan. It clearly states that a business is Kenya based. It gives a global reach in terms of being associated with own country. Being a local domain, it increases the search engine optimization (SEO), thus
being the top on the search results.
What Can You Do to Improve Your Domain’s Value?
The great thing about this question is that what you do to improve the domain value is the same as what you do to improve your website’s value right now before you sell the domain. Specifically: get more customers visiting your website. The more popular your site is, the more valuable the domain will become. Things like:
- Improve your SEO.If your customers can find the site in search they will visit it more often.
- Write more content. The more content you have on your site, the more pages there are for people to visit.
- Market your site.Get your site out there by marketing in appropriate venues, using social media, and letting people know that it exists.
Focus on purchasing a domain that is relevant to your brand and what you are trying to achieve. You risk wasting money when purchasing domain names that will not be useful to you. Engage with our website https://auction.kenic.or.ke/ and bid for your domain name today.
By Doreen Khamala, Marketing Executive